The American Papers
The American Papers is the journal of the CSUF American Studies Student Association. Each year, the American Papers Editorial Board, comprised of graduate and undergraduate students, selects the very best papers written for American Studies courses that year, works with authors to edit those essays, and produces a high-quality journal featuring our students' very best scholarship.
- Submit your own best work to AP
- Read the 2015-2016 issue (NEW)
- Read the 2014-15 issue
- Read the 2013-2014 issue
- Read the 2010-11 issue
Tables of Contents
for previous years
American Papers 2015-2016
Faculty Adviser: Dustin Abnet
Editor-in-Chief: Ashley Loup
Managing Editors: Judson Barber, Ashely Ongalibang, Darcy Anderson
Editorial Board: Amanda Ritter, Jena Delgado-Sette, Aaron Mezzano, Jasmine Mayfield, Sara Roberts, Nathan Jansen, Jonathan Schreiber, Charles Laconico, Xochitl Morales
Layout & Design: Bahar Tahamtani
1) The editorial board will read all submissions anonymously, so please take your name off the body of the paper. Include only the paper title and the course for which it was written on the paper itself. In other words, remove your name from the header of the essay.
2) The American Papers does not accept previously published submissions.
3) Please include a separate cover sheet with:
- Your name
- Your email and telephone contact information for Summer and Fall 2017
- The title of the paper
- The course and professor for which it was written
- The semester in which you took the course
- The prompt for the paper (if applicable and possible)
4) Submit your paper either to the American Studies Office (UH-313), or by emailing it to AmericanPapersCSUF@gmail.com. If submitting a hard copy to the American Studies Office, please mark your submission "Professor Dustin Abnet: American Papers." If emailing a copy, you should submit the paper and cover sheet as two separate Microsoft Word files. The subject heading of the email should say "American Papers Submission."
5) The submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 2, 2017.
Authors will receive a letter notifying them of the Editorial Board's decision in August. Accepted essays must be revised and resubmitted in electronic format at the beginning of the fall 2017 semester.
Any questions? Contact Professor Dustin Abnet, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents-2008 American Papers
Table of Contents-2007 American Papers
Table of Contents-2006 American Papers
Table of Contents-2005 American Papers
(American Papers not published in 2004)
Table of Contents-2003 American Papers
Table of Contents-2002 American Papers
Table of Contents-2001 American Papers
Table of Contents-2000 American Papers
Table of Contents-1999 American Papers
Table of Contents-1998 American Papers
Table of Contents-1997 American Papers
Table of Contents-1996 American Papers