The American Papers
The American Papers is the journal of the CSUF American Studies Student Association. Each year, the American Papers Editorial Board, comprised of graduate and undergraduate students, selects the very best papers written for American Studies courses that year, works with authors to edit those essays, and produces a high-quality journal featuring our students' very best scholarship.
The American Papers, 2021-2022
Faculty Adviser: Eric Gonzaba
Editors-in-Chief: Shannon Anderson and Raymond Gandara
Managing Editors: Michelle Le and Kathy Loreto
Editorial Board: Ela Cabrera, Darius Falk, Kristina Garcia, Michelle Okawa, Marisol Rivera
Full Previous Issues
Tables of Contents
2008 American Papers
2007 American Papers
2006 American Papers
2005 American Papers
(Not published in 2004)
2003 American Papers
2002 American Papers
2001 American Papers
2000 American Papers
1999 American Papers
1998 American Papers
1997 American Papers
1996 American Papers
Submitting to The American Papers, 2021-2022
The editorial board meets every summer to review submitted essays from the last academic year.
1) The editorial board will read all submissions anonymously, so please take your name off the body of the paper. Include only the paper title and the course for which it was written on the paper itself. In other words, remove your name from the header of the essay.
2) The American Papers does not accept previously published submissions.
3) Please include a separate cover sheet with:
· Your name
· Your email and telephone contact information
· The title of the paper
· The course and the semester in which it was written
· The prompt for the paper (if applicable and possible)
4) Submit your paper either to the American Studies Office (GH-313), or by emailing it to AmericanPapersCSUF@gmail.com. If submitting a hard copy to the American Studies Office, please mark your submission "Professor Eric Gonzaba: American Papers." If emailing a copy, you should submit the paper and cover sheet as two separate Microsoft Word files. The subject heading of the email should say "American Papers Submission."
5) The submission deadline is the first week of June (June 7, 2021).
Authors will receive a letter notifying them of the Editorial Board's decision in August. Accepted essays must be revised and resubmitted in electronic format at the beginning of the following fall semester.
Any questions? Contact Professor Eric Gonzaba, email@example.com